Location & Attractions
LOCATED AT THE HEART OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Dupont Circle offers all the heart and soul of Washington, DC. Year-round, the neighborhood surrounding this iconic DC landmark bustles with shoppers, strollers, cyclists, restaurant, and bar-goers. Business people, tourists and locals crisscross the circle on their way to downtown, uptown, and the National Mall. Dignitaries from around the world work on affairs of state in the many embassies and consulates nearby. Area highlights include:
- The Dupont Circle FreshFarm Market – Year-round every Sunday morning, an outdoor mecca for foodies and chefs.
- Distinctive neighborhood experiences such as eclectic Adams Morgan, fine dining in the West End and the beautiful homes in Kalorama.
- The Phillips Collection – An exceptional collection of art just a few blocks from the hotel.
- Embassies & Consulates – Lining Massachusetts Avenue west toward the National Cathedral are dozens of the city's foreign embassies, residences, chanceries, and diplomatic missions.
- The Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle - Mother Church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington.
- National Geographic Explorers Hall - At National Geographic's headquarters, this museum features expeditions, adventures, and scientific research.
- Heurich House Museum – Often called the Brewmaster's Castle, the former home of immigrant, brewer and philanthropist Christian Heurich is one of the most intact Victorian structures in the country.
SO CLOSE TO WHERE YOU WANT TO BE IN DC:
- Hotel is 1 block from Dupont Circle Metro Station
- 2 Metro stops to the National Zoo
- 4 Metro stops to the National Mall, Smithsonian museums, monuments and memorials
- A short walk to the world-renowned Phillips Collection
- Walk to the embassies of Japan, Indonesia, India, Jamaica, Australia and more
- Shuttle to Georgetown and George Washington Universities
- Easy access to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center