Location & Attractions
LOCATED AT THE HEART OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Dupont Circle offers all the heart and soul of Washington, DC. The neighborhood surrounding this iconic DC landmark bustles year-round with shoppers, strollers, cyclists, restaurant, and bar-goers. Business people, travelers and locals crisscross the circle on their way to downtown, uptown, and the National Mall. Dignitaries from around the world work on affairs of state in the many embassies and consulates nearby. For LGBT travelers, you'll discover the fabulous neighborhood of Dupont Circle, a gay-friendly neighborhood in D.C. The Embassy Row Hotel is a gay-friendly hotel in D.C.
Dupont Circle highlights include:
- Distinctive neighborhood experiences such as eclectic Adams Morgan, fine dining in the West End and the beautiful homes in Kalorama.
- Iconic dining - There are nearly almost 80 dining spots just steps from the hotel, including several famous restaurants.
- Embassies & Consulates - Along Massachusetts Avenue, the hotel is situated near dozens of foreign embassies, residences, chanceries, and diplomatic missions.
- The Phillips Collection - An exceptional collection of art just a few blocks from the hotel.
- The Dupont Circle FreshFarm Market - Year-round every Sunday morning, an outdoor mecca for foodies and chefs.
- The Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle - Mother Church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington.
- National Geographic Museum - At National Geographic's headquarters, this museum features amazing photography of expeditions, adventures, and scientific research.
- Heurich House Museum - Often called the Brewmaster's Castle, the former home of immigrant, brewer and philanthropist Christian Heurich is one of the most intact Victorian structures in the country.
SO CLOSE TO WHERE YOU WANT TO BE IN DC:
- Hotel is one block from Dupont Circle Metro Station
- One Metro stop to the National Zoo
- Four Metro stops to the National Mall, Smithsonian museums, monuments and memorials
- A short walk to the world-renowned Phillips Collection
- Walk to the embassies of Japan, Indonesia, India, Jamaica, Australia and more
- Shuttle to Georgetown and George Washington Universities
- Easy access to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center